Exploring Careers in Special Education, Early Intervention and the Related ServicesWant to know the ‘who’, ‘what’, ‘why’ and ‘how ‘ of exploring careers in special education, early intervention and the related services? Click on the career choices tab to the left and get all of your questions answered in this subsection.
Ready to look for preparation programs that will send you on your way to that PERFECT job? Click on the Preparation and Employment tab to the left and find out ‘where’ our more than 1400 programs are located, using our searchable, online national database, and including those funded by the US DOE Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) which offer tuition assistance.
You will find answers to all of the following question within the Exploring Careers section of our website:
- Who are the persons who enjoy working with infants, children and youth with disabilities?
- What are the different types of careers to consider?
- Why should you BECOME ONE?
- How can you navigate the process of becoming a professional in this field?
- What preparation programs are in your area of interest?
- Where can you find financial aid to prepare for your career?
- What are the requirements for certification in the state you want to work?
- Once you are prepared, where can you begin your job search?